TABLE GRAPES CAKE
• 4 cups halved table grapes (about 2 pounds)
• 2/3 cup sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 3 tablespoons cornstarch
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
• Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
• 2 tablespoons butter
In a large saucepan, combine grapes, sugar and cinnamon; toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes. Combine cornstarch, lemon juice and zest; stir into grape mixture.
Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust. Pour grape mixture into crust. Dot with butter. Cover edges loosely with foil.
Bake at 425° for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° remove foil and bake 30-35 minutes longer or until the crust is golden brown.
Cool on a wire rack and enjoy!